About the Ensemble
The UTS Concert Choir is an ensemble open to students of all disciplines. Over the course of several semesters of participation, members will perform accompanied and unaccompanied music representing a broad spectrum of history and cultures.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 11:00-11:50 AM
- Gault Fine Arts Center (GFA), Room 116
- MUA 101, Section A (1 credit)
- MUA 301, Section A (1 credit – upper-level music majors)
Join the Ensemble
No audition is required, Concert Choir is open to all students. Simply register for the course and attend the first rehearsal.
The UTS Choirs offer scholarships to students who participate in choral ensembles, regardless of the student’s major. The availability and amount of these scholarships vary from year to year and are distributed based on singing ability and the voicing needs for each ensemble. Being awarded a scholarship for ensemble participation does not mean automatic acceptance into the ensemble of the student’s choosing. Choral scholarship awards may not be refunded.
- Students applying for a choral scholarship must complete the choral audition process.
- Students must maintain full-time student status in order to be eligible for a choral scholarship.
- Students receiving a choral scholarship must maintain membership in at least one UTS choral ensemble for the academic year of the scholarship award.
- Students receiving a choral scholarship must earn a grade of ‘A’ in their choir class (or classes) in order to maintain scholarship eligibility.
The scholarship audition consists of:
- Vocal exercises
- Pitch memory