Service Learning is a course-based teaching methodology that helps students learn and develop through active engagement in organized service experiences combined with structured time for reflection, fostering academic learning, personal growth, and civic responsibility.
Resources for Faculty
- Service-Learning Faculty Information Sheet
- Faculty Service Learning Mini-Grant Application
- Faculty Service-Learning Handbook
- Service-Learning Student Pre-Survey
- Service-Learning Student Post-Survey
- Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism & Service Learning
- Gulf-South Summit Service Learning Conference at Belmont University
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
- Cooperation for National and Community Service
Service Learning Video Development
Click on the buttons below to view a promo video prepared for the Boy’s & Girl’s Club of South Central Tennessee by UT Southern students in the Service Learning course directed by Guy Schafer. The second button will take you to a video showing how the promo video was made.
For more information regarding Service Learning, please contact the Faculty Service Learning Liaison, Brant Harwell, at firstname.lastname@example.org.