CAMS Faculty Portal empowers faculty, creating independence and enhancing efficiency, while improving communications among students and faculty.
Faculty Portal functions include the following:
- Evaluate advisees’ degree audit programs
- Register advisees
- Manage class rosters
- Access student schedules
- View student and faculty directories
- Email students
- Course Management
- How do I log into the Faculty portal?
- How do I change Term?
- How do I see my Faculty schedule?
- How do I see my Students’ schedule?
- How do I perform a degree audit?
- How do I logout?
- How do I see my students’ related info?
- How do I see unofficial Transcript?
- How do I view students grade report?
Logging into the Faculty Portal
The Faculty Portal uses the same credentials as your computer account; please use those credentials to access your portal by clicking
- Upon accessing the Faculty Portal, if your browser is not set to allow pop-ups for this site, you will be presented with a message indicating you need to allow pop-ups. This is necessary to allow you to change an expired password. You will need to disable all pop-up blockers or allow pop-ups for this site.
- Enter your User name (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org), Password (case sensitive) and select the term.
- Click the Log In button to enter the Faculty Portal.
The User must choose Accept to continue onto the portal from this point. If the Cancel button is chosen, the user will be redirected to the log out screen.
WARNING: To avoid denial of service attacks, if a user attempts to log in unsuccessfully, the next 4 successive login attempts will be delayed. After he 5th attempt, their IP address will be locked from further access. See the CAMS Manager document for instructions to enable/disable the IP lockout function. The following pop up will display after the 5th failed attempt:
Upon closing the pop up, the portal will display the following:
How do I change Term
Use the Current term’s Change link to select a different term. Every option on the navigation bar is based on the current term displayed at the upper left corner.
How do I logout?
Use the Logout link to end the portal session.
The My Student link displays the different options available for viewing advisee and student information. This includes Transcript, Schedule, Degree Audit, and Grade Report. The student’s contact information is listed, along with a photo, and any FERPA Restrictions.
How do I see unofficial Transcript?
Unofficial student transcripts can be viewed and printed to assist with the advising process. Faculty can only view transcripts for students to which they are the advisor.
Step-By-Step: View a Student’s Transcript
To view an unofficial transcript please click the My Students link in the navigation bar, and then select a student from the Advisee List or one of your courses for the current term, which are displayed in the upper left corner of the Faculty Portal. Click the Transcript link to view the student’s Unofficial
Easy access to a student’s matrix schedule can be helpful during the advising process. In Step-By-Step: View a Student’s Matrix Schedule
- Click the My Students link in the navigation bar, and then select a student from the Advisee List or one of your courses for the current term, which are displayed in the upper left corner of the Faculty Portal. Click the Schedule link to view the student’s Matrix Schedule.
- Click Select to view the student’s Matrix Schedule.
- Click Show to see the student’s attendance for that particular course.
The Degree Audit link of Degree Audit allows advisors to evaluate a student’s transcript against the audit program(s) assigned to the student in CAMS Enterprise.
Step-By-Step: View a Student’s Degree Audit
- Click the My Students link in the navigation bar then select a student from the Advisee List or one of your courses for the current term displayed in the upper left corner of the Faculty Portal.
2. Click Select to open the Student Options page for a student.
3. Click Degree Audit >Detail to open the degree audit program for which the student is evaluated against. Credits Required displays how many credits are required for the degree, and Credits Completed displays how many credits the student has completed towards that program.
Note: An asterisk in the Report column, next to the word detail, denotes that the student’s degree audit must be updated before it displays. This can take several minutes. The update flag is set any time there is a change to the student’s transcript maintenance, such as when the student registers for a class or receives a grade. Since Degree Audit considers all changes to a student’s official courses (even courses not applied to the audit, which would be in an elective group), any change in a student’s official courses will cause the audit to require reevaluation.
4. Click Detail to display details about the requirements, including the status of the requirement, a list of each class, the grade earned for the class, the status of the class in relation to the evaluated program, and the status of each group in the requirement.
The Grade Met By column displays the actual courses that satisfied the requirement. These could be the same course, a transfer course, an equivalent course, or a mapped course. If there are options in how the student can take the listed classes a Formula link displays.
5. Click the Formula link to see the options.
Student Grade Report
Mid Term, Final, and Narrative grades can be viewed and printed to assist with the advising process. Faculty can only view grades for students to which they are the advisor.
Step-By-Step: View a Student’s Grades
- Click the My Students link in the navigation bar, and then select a student from the Advisee List or one of your courses for the current term, which are displayed in the upper left corner of the Faculty Portal.
- Click the Grade Report link, and then choose Mid Term, Final, or Narrative Grades from the drop down
The My Schedule link displays courses for which you are scheduled in the selected current term. Building, room, meeting days, start time, and end times, credits, and enrollment statistics are displayed. Waitlisted students, if any, are shown for each course. Click the Printer Friendly link to display the printerfriendly schedule. The page opens and is sent to your default printer. Close the printer-friendly page after printing or you can keep it open while working in other areas of the portal. Click the Refresh link on the printer-friendly page to update the page.